Fortunately for John Cornyn, he won’t be around to see the worst effects of climate change. But many of us will. Our children and grandchildren will. And John Cornyn, as a United States Senator, wields the power to make life or death decisions on our behalf.
Last week, Cornyn pretended not to know that the Green New Deal was a resolution, not a bill. He pretended not to even know what a resolution is—despite being in Congress since 2002.
He has shared multiple articles denying the facts of climate change, and dismissing the Green New Deal as a liberal boondoggle.
Here are some facts about John Cornyn, and about the Green New Deal:
- Yes, the Green New Deal is a resolution. So was FDR’s New Deal, at the beginning.
- The oil & gas industry is John Cornyn’s 2nd-biggest contributor.
- The Green New Deal is about more than the environment: It’s about infrastructure. It’s about immigration. It’s about health care. This is because climate change’s devastating effects go far beyond the environment, intersecting with virtually every aspect of our lives.
- John Cornyn is the #1 top Senate recipient of contributions from the natural gas transmission & distribution industry for 2017-18.
- The Green New Deal is actually really short and easy to read. Don’t be intimidated. Go check it out.